Now I want to tell you a little bit about the children we are looking for. Raf and I really hope to adopt a sibling set of 2 children under the age of 5. We are very open to any gender and any race. We are also pretty open to medical conditions as long as we do not feel that they will be life threatening. We are looking to adopt out of the foster care system in California to help complete our family. We are very grateful to know that we always have the support of our families and God.
We met with our "buddy family" (parents who have previously adopted through FCCA) last week. This was a wonderful experience, because you got to hear someone elses journey through the process including their bumps and bruises along the way. They also gave us some wonderful advice and also some wonderful resources. Which brings me to my point about the babies room. One of their important pieces of advice was to make sure that the babies room is as ready as possible. This will show the adoption agency that you are very committed and help them to work faster for your placement.
Raf and I had already started to purchase items for the room, but this gave us a big push to follow through and complete the room. So this past weekend we did it all, paint furniture, toys, etc. I have to thank my cousin Ronnie because without him I feel like the room would have taken much longer to paint. Raf and him did a beautiful job on the paint, the top half of the wall is a pastel yellow and the bottom half is a pastel green. (Too Cute for boys or girls) Since the room was finished late Saturday afternoon we gave it the rest of the day and night to dry. On Sunday we finished the room, my cousin Jessica and I built the crib and the new dresser, Raf built the bunk beds. We then put everything in the room with the bedding on it and now it looks beautiful. Stay tuned for a picture because I am still learning how to use this system.
Now that the room is finished we have to start baby safety to the rest of the house. Any volunteers who would like to help, we would love to have you. Maybe some family with more experience.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment