Friday, April 23, 2010

April 22nd - Another possible situation

Well I know at the beginning of this month I said that we probably wouldn't hear anything further from our SW, but once again I was wrong. Our SW called me late this afternoon about 2 children that crossed her desk, that she thought we may want to consider applying for. They are caucasion children that are a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. The childrens SW gave a little bit of a background on the children, they seem to be mostly like typical children of their ages, but there are some possible red flags for Raf and I. The children were removed from their mothers care in 2008 and were placed in a foster/adopt home. They were recently put back in the system because his "supposed" adoptive family could not handle them and it was causing marital issues. As much as the new mother wanted to keep them, the childrens SW did not feel confident about these children being placed in a one parent household. The 6 year old boy is a very sensitive child, crys and whines a lot, that needs extra attention everyday. The 3 year old little girl is very defiant and tests boundries at all times. I feel very confident that with the right environment, a lot of love and structure that these issues would subside. The biggest red flag for us is that these children have 3 older siblings that are currently in a home in Antelope and they see each other all the time. So their SW is looking for a family that is willing commit to keep this bond between the children by driving to Antelope at least once a month. As much as I would love for them to keep this bond I feel that it may be very hard for us to commit to a schedule of once a month with an hour and a half + drive. We decided we are not going to make any decisions about these children, unless we find out that we are a match with them.

Please continue to pray that God will show us the way to our Children and that he gives us the strength to be patient through this process.

1 comment:

  1. Hi you two- just wanted to let you know how awesome you both are. Thank you for sharing this very emotional (never-ending, well as of yet anyway) rollercoster. What will be, will be. Yeah? Love you guys and keep on bloggin' :)
    vic

    ReplyDelete