Friday, April 2, 2010

March child search updates

In my previous post, I talked very briefly about the different children that we applied for at the adoption fair. There were actually six different situations that we applied for, 3 sets of 2 siblings, 1 set of 3 siblings, a single 5 1/2 month old and a single 6 month old. We were so excited to be blessed to apply to try and be these childrens parents that after the fair it was all I could think about and what a wonderful time it came at. With the passing of my grandpa, it really helped us see that God is always there for us to help us through the good and the bad in life.
We received an e-mail from our social worker V on the 26th of last month. It wasn't good news but it helped so I could stop wondering if we could possibly be matched with one of these sets of Gods beautiful children. V let us know that 5 out of the 6 situations were matched with other families, but there is still one hopeful hanging in the wind, the sibling set of 3. Yesterday, there was a contesting of termination hearing for the sibling set by their mother. If the courts do not reverse the termination of parental rights then we could possibly still be matched with them. V also let us know that she had submitted us for another sibling set of 3 and we are now also waiting to see if they are a match for us. Oh goodness what I would do if I instantly became a mom of THREE!!!! I think I would be bald and exhausted, but it would all be worth it.
On April 12th we will be able to go to our agency and look at the new waiting childrens listings to see which situations we would like to apply for to be our forever children. (I hate sounding like we are applying for a job, but I don't know how else to explain the process)

Please continue to pray for us, that we are matched soon and our additions will come home and we can be a forever family!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my grandpa just passed last week, so painful isn't it!? I'm so sorry for your loss...

    I am soooooooooooo excited to see which children God has already chosen for your family! Just continue to rest and remind yourself that when these other "situations" aren't coming through, it's because they aren't the ones God has for you....I know this part of the process is soo hard because you begin to imagine every child you put in for, as living, running, and being held in your arms :) Praying God will not make you wait tooo long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is very painful, but I also remember that he is with God now.

    We just can't wait to see which children he blesses us with. You are completely right about the other situations, I know they are not the children he has chosen for us but oh do I think about each and everyone of them.
    I think this part of the process seems to be the hardest, because ther is no knowing and everything is in Gods hands now.
    I have many different prays to God, but I have my few that I feel are most important to me.
    1) I pray that God gives me the strength to be patient.
    2) I pray that God only matches us with our forever children
    and
    3) I pray that all the situations that don't work out for us may be blessed with there own Forever Families.

    Please Pray for us!!!

    ReplyDelete