Last Thursday, July 22nd, I called our SW at 9:46 AM to see if there were any updates on the waiting children that we had submitted our homestudies for. She let me know that she had not received any further updates from the other SW's. We then talked a little about how we prayed that this process for us would hopefully soon pick up and that we might find a match soon. After we hung up, I was a little bummed because I felt that something had told me to call her that morning. BUT THEN.....I received a call back from our SW at 10:06 AM, at which point she informed us that this was the call we had been waiting for. We were officially matched with a sibling set of three boys. The same boys that we had blogged about us submitting our homestudy for, exactly one month ago to the day. I couldn't believe it, I was in shock but at the same time had tears of joy running down my face. We talked a little more about all the information she had on the boys, what they look like, who they are, what their current situation is, etc. Then she let me know that the childrens SW liked us so much she was willing to come in on Monday, her day off, to meet with us since that is Raf's day off. I felt that this was a sign from God that this woman really cared about these children and that it was meant for us to meet her. So we set the meeting for Monday, July 26 at 10:00 AM. After I hung up with her, I immediately called Raf to let him know. He was so busy at work I had less than a minute to tell him the good news. I'm not sure how he was able to keep working, because I know my emotions were all over the board and so were my thoughts. As hard as it was I decided not to tell everyone the good news, because there was still a slight possibility that the childrens SW or us could change our minds at the meeting on Monday. So we mainly told our parents and my grandmas the news, that way if something did not work out we wouldn't have to go back and tell the whole family sad news. Though we only told a few, the ones we did tell were over excited with joy and happiness for us. Now we had to sit and wait for Monday to come. Luckily we already had a camping trip set up for that weekend, something to help us relax and keep our minds off of it a little bit (not much though).
It was exactly 10 months, 2 weeks and 5 days since we began our Journey
and 4 months, 1 week and 3 days since we were officially waiting.
GOD is amazing in the way he works!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So excited, so lets here all the details about the meeting!!!
ReplyDelete